Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.
Advanced reading: http://herbalnutrition.com/